Royal Icing Ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- assorted food coloring
Royal Icing Instructions
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- With whip attachment at medium speed, beat until stiff peaks. (about 5 to 7 minutes)
- To reach desired consistency:
If icing is too thick, mix with a couple of drops of water.
If icing is too thin, mix with additional powdered sugar.
- Tint icing with desired food coloring. (gel food coloring recommended)
- Your royal icing is ready to be transferred to a pastry bag!
*Royal icing drys out quickly! If not used immediately, cover with a damp cloth or airtight container.